1. The properties known as ‘The Cottage’ and ‘The Wine Store’ are offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Mr. & Mrs. F Waldteufel (the Owner) to the renter (the Client).
2.To reserve the “property” the Client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit. Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the Owner will send a confirmation of booking/invoice; this is the formal acceptance of the booking. The owners reserve the right to refuse any booking. In the even of this happening, the Client will be advised in writing of any such refusal and all payment will be refunded to the Client.
3. The Client is strongly advised to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability, personal accident insurance, etc. Since this is not covered by the Owner's insurance and the Client agrees not to pursue any claim whatsoever agains the Owner for any events that may occur. A 'European Health Insurance Card' (E111 replacement) (which you can apply for using EHIC online, by phone or via the Post Office) is recommended for French health service cover.
4. The balance of the rent is payable not less than eight weeks before the rental period, if payment is not received by the due date the Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
5. A security deposit of £150 is required in case of damage to the property or its contents; however, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Clients’ liability to the Owner. The Owner will account to the Client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within two weeks after the end of the rental period, providing there are no major breakages or damage and the property is left in a clean and tidy condition, reference clause 8.
6. Subject to clause 2 and 4 above, in the event of non insurable cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owner is able to relet the “property” and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for all parties personal belongings, public liability etc. since these are not covered by the Owner’s insurance.
7. The rental period shall commence at 4.00pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
8. The maximum number to reside at the “property” must not exceed 4 for The Cottage and 6 for The Wine Store (unless the Owner has given written permission).
9. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the “property” and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. Although a final clean is included in our prices, the Owner reserves the right to make a deduction from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the “property” in an unacceptable condition. The Client also agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties.
10. The Client shall report to the Owner, without delay, any defects in the “property” or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the “property” and/or garden, and arrangements for repair or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
11. The Owner shall not be liable to the Client;
a) For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the “property”, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the “property garden.
b) For any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner.
c) For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the “property” shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Owner shall, within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
12. Under no circumstances shall the Owners liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period.
13. Swimming pool opening hours for Clients are from 10.00am to 20.00pm (or sunset) daily. This may be longer when the weather is very warm in the summer. All non swimmers must be supervised at the swimming pool at all times and the gate locked after use.
14. Mr. & Mrs. Waldteufel consider it part of the contract to be given an opportunity to put right any complaints you may have. In the unlikely event you need to complain, please contact us direct. This will give us the opportunity to settle any grievance during your stay. We cannot accept complaints made after the Client has returned home, if we have not been given the opportunity to put right the matter during your stay. This contract shall be governed by French and English law in every particular, including formation and interpretation.